Welcome to my site.  I hope you enjoy my blogs and your welcome to leave comments.  I would love to hear what you think about them, whether you agree or not.  I would love to hear you opinion and maybe we can talk about them. 
Thanks for reading
-Zac

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kabod

I wrote this when I was on  a plane to Los Angeles.  I just opened my computer, started typing and this is what ended up on my screen...

The Hebrew term for Glory of the Lord is “Kabod.” When God said “Let there be light” in Genesis his Kabod illuminated the world and everything else. The sun, moon, and stars were not created until the fourth day. His Kabod lit the world and His spirit hovered over the waters. 
Its truly amazing when you just sit still for a while and feel God. Even on this plane right now I see him everywhere I look and feel him with every movement that I make. 35,000 feet above the surface of the earth and God is here. I look down as we fly past city after city and see all of the lights shining in the darkness of the night. God is there to. In Genesis when it says that Gods spirit hovered above the waters I can completely picture that and I feel as though I am seeing that when I look out of the plane and see clouds with lights breaking through from the ground. To me it feels as though those clouds are the spirit of the LORD. Simply breathtaking. I look around the cabin inside the plane at all of the people, some sleeping, some talking, some watching a movie or listening to music and I think how awesome it is that we are able to travel like this. Whether these people realize it or not God gave us the minds to develop the airplane and the people who can fly it. Its so beautiful when you think about it. As Rob Bell said, God created us and gave us the ability to create in this ongoing process of creation. Not only did he give us the ability to have kids and experience that joy but he gave us minds to create as well. 
When you start to think about it God is in everything we say, everything we do, and even who we are, whether your a believer or not. You are made in the image of the God of the Universe, and its not like someone else made you in his image, he did himself. Not only that but he wants to have a relationship with us. Everybody wonders what the meaning of life is and to be honest with you, who cares? If we choose to we get to have a relationship and be friends with the God of the universe, the one who created it all. That is the meaning of life, God created us so that we could share in his Glory and he wanted to share that with us. He loves us more than anything and nothing makes him happier than if we were to share with him in his Kabod. That my friends and fellow christians is the meaning of life itself. Growing up I always heard my mom and grandma say to me, “God is watching you”, to get me to be good but now I realize that not only was he watching me he was right there with me. In all my moments of sin and of struggle he was with me. Right by my side. Take pride in anything you do and enjoy every minute cause your doing it with God.

1 comment:


Some Favorite Quotes...
"If you study science deep enough and long enough it will force you to believe in God."
-unkown
"God has spoken, and everything else is commentary."
-Rob Bell
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."
-Albert Einstein
"I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?'"
-Mother Teresa
"The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God."
-Rob Bell
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon
"For even if the whole world believed in resurrection, little would change until we began to practice it. We can believe in CPR, but people will remain dead until someone breathes new life into them. And we can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world really seems to be wondering if there is life before death."
-Shane Claiborne