Welcome to my site.  I hope you enjoy my blogs and your welcome to leave comments.  I would love to hear what you think about them, whether you agree or not.  I would love to hear you opinion and maybe we can talk about them. 
Thanks for reading
-Zac

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

4 am and its my final night at AQ...

It’s my final night here at AQ. It is 4 in the morning and I am laying in bed finding it extremely difficult to sleep. I just can’t seem to shut my brain off. I guess you compare it to the night before you leave on vacation. Your really excited to go so you can’t sleep. It’s like that, except I don’t know if I am really excited to go. I am excited for certain things that being home for the summer brings but there are certainly things I am going to miss.
Of all the friends and all the memories that I made. It just doesn’t seem like it’s over. Summer is almost here. It’s not like Christmas break or spring break where we all know we’ll be back in a week or so. We are going to be leaving for the summer, a few months. Some of us won’t even be returning to AQ next year. It’s almost time to move back home and I guess in a way lose the freedom that I had here. Im going to miss going to Friends at 2 in the morning and getting some coffee and just hanging out, enjoying each others company. Im going to miss being able to go to the lounge whenever and just chill, do some homework or get in a quick game of ping pong. It is going to be hard to say goodbye to St. Joe’s, I don’t mean the building but the atmosphere that surrounds it. Although it will be hard to say goodbye to everyone at the end of the year, I am looking forward to the future. I don’t know what that holds, but I know that I will be ready for it with everything that I learned this year and how much I have grown. I learned a lot about myself this year. Being able to move out basically on my own has allowed me to really start thinking for myself, to be able to start developing my own opinions instead of relying on my parents ideas as my own. And it’s only the end of freshman year, I still have a lot to learn and a lot more to grow. I really do like it here. I have learned to take a step back and just appreciate all the little things, like when your just hanging out with friends just talking about nothing important but enjoying the fellowship.
It seems like we just got here and we are already leaving with our first year of college under our belts. So many memories have been made and I will never forget all of the good times that I have had here. It’s funny looking back at the begining of the year when everyone was just meeting each other and still kinda shy around one another and then looking at how now everyone is so close. I am certainly going to miss all of the friendships that I have developed here. And even though it is the end of the year I am still making new friends everyday and expanding on those that I already have. What a year it has been. Thank you to everyone who has made this year unforgettable.
With Love-
Zac

1 comment:


Some Favorite Quotes...
"If you study science deep enough and long enough it will force you to believe in God."
-unkown
"God has spoken, and everything else is commentary."
-Rob Bell
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."
-Albert Einstein
"I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?'"
-Mother Teresa
"The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God."
-Rob Bell
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon
"For even if the whole world believed in resurrection, little would change until we began to practice it. We can believe in CPR, but people will remain dead until someone breathes new life into them. And we can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world really seems to be wondering if there is life before death."
-Shane Claiborne